We offer compassionate, respectful care throughout the childbearing year and beyond. Services include well-person care, gynecology, contraception, pre-conception counseling, prenatal care, birth center birth, postpartum care and well newborn care.
We understand that finances are an important consideration when choosing your birth team. As out-of-network providers we are happy to work with you and your insurance to minimize your out of pocket costs.
Every prenatal visit starts with a conversation. We want to hear how you're feeling, answer your questions, and address your concerns. There's plenty of time to discuss your options for all tests and procedures and make sure you have the information you need to make informed decisions. We encourage partners and siblings to come and take part, supporting the healthy adjustment of the whole family unit.
Our prenatal care consists of:
- 90-minute initial prenatal visit
- regular visits of about an hour according to the following schedule: once a month up to 28 weeks; once every 2 weeks from 28 to 36 weeks; once a week from 36 weeks until the birth (*this schedule may be adjusted upon agreement with the midwife and according to the specific needs of the client)
- optional team visit at 36 weeks with all members of the birth team invited, including partner, other friends or family members, doula, midwives, midwife’s assistant
- on-call availability from 37 weeks through the time of your birth
- all standard lab work done in our office
Birth Center Birth
We're pleased to offer birth under our care at Our Birthing Center in Morristown, NJ. You receive all the benefits of our relaxed, unhurried prenatal visits so you feel safe and comfortable with us at the time of birth. And once you leave the birth center with your new baby, our personalized care continues with postpartum visits and continued care throughout the first 6 weeks.
What to expect at Our Birthing Center:
Postpartum and Newborn Care
The postpartum and newborn period is a precious and intense time of great bonding and adjustment for you, your baby, and your whole family. We are there to help ensure a smooth transition for everyone. Throughout this time we continue to monitor your physical recovery and emotional health and assess your baby's well-being.
Our postpartum care includes:
Well-Person / Gynecology / Contraception
At Collective Midwifery Care we believe that you are the expert on your body and your health. We listen to your concerns and take the time to understand your experiences. Our highest priority is your feeling of safety and control, so we follow your lead and move at your pace, always reserving ample time for discussion and shared decision-making regarding appropriate testing and exams.
- well-person exams and blood work
- pap tests
- STD testing
- vaginitis and UTI diagnosis and treatment
- family planning and contraception
- referrals for pelvic ultrasound, pelvic floor physical therapy, mammograms