We offer compassionate, respectful care throughout the childbearing year and beyond. Services include well-person care, gynecology, contraception, pre-conception counseling, prenatal care, home birth, birth center birth, postpartum care and well newborn care.
Every prenatal visit starts with a conversation. We want to hear how you're feeling, answer your questions, and address your concerns. There's plenty of time to discuss your options for all tests and procedures and make sure you have the information you need to make informed decisions. We encourage partners and siblings to come and take part, supporting the healthy adjustment of the whole family unit.
Our prenatal care consists of:
- 90-minute initial prenatal visit
- regular visits of about an hour according to the following schedule: once a month up to 28 weeks; once every 2 weeks from 28 to 36 weeks; once a week from 36 weeks until the birth (*this schedule may be adjusted upon agreement with the midwife and according to the specific needs of the client)
- home visit for planned home births at 36 weeks with all members of the birth team invited, including partner, other friends or family members, doula, midwives, midwife’s assistant
- on-call availability from 37 weeks through the time of your birth
- all standard lab work done in our office or in your home
When you invite us to your home birth you can expect:
- continuous care of two skilled birth attendants during active labor and for several hours after birth to ensure you and baby are stable and well
- ongoing assessment of your well-being and that of your baby throughout labor, birth, and immediately postpartum
- physical and emotional support and assistance with comfort measures
- the loan of an inflatable birth pool for hydrotherapy and/or water birth
- immediate skin-to-skin bonding time for you and your baby after birth with minimal interruption
- delayed cord clamping
- newborn exam and procedures done with baby by your side or in your arms
- support in initiating breastfeeding / chestfeeding
Birth Center Birth
If you're seeking an out-of-hospital birth but don't feel home birth is the right choice for you, we're pleased to offer another great option: birthing under our care at The Birth Center of New Jersey. We bring the same level of attention and care to the birth center as we would to your home. You receive all the benefits of our relaxed, unhurried prenatal visits so you feel safe and comfortable with us at the time of birth. And once you leave the birth center with your new baby, our personalized care continues with at-home postpartum visits and continued care through the first 6 weeks.
What to expect at The Birth Center of New Jersey:
Postpartum and Newborn Care
The postpartum and newborn period is a precious and intense time of great bonding and adjustment for you, your baby, and your whole family. We are there to help ensure a smooth transition for everyone. Throughout this time we continue to monitor your physical recovery and emotional health and assess your baby's well-being.
Our postpartum care includes:
Well-Person / Gynecology / Contraception
At Collective Midwifery Care we believe that you are the expert on your body and your health. We listen to your concerns and take the time to understand your experiences. Our highest priority is your feeling of safety and control, so we follow your lead and move at your pace, always reserving ample time for discussion and shared decision-making regarding appropriate testing and exams.
- well-person exams and blood work
- pap tests
- STD testing
- vaginitis and UTI diagnosis and treatment
- family planning and contraception
- referrals for pelvic ultrasound, pelvic floor physical therapy, mammograms